"Learn to cook--try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" — Julia Child

Friday, November 19, 2010

"No brother of mine eats rejecta-menta in my town!"

No one can eat reject-menta in any town... according to the ServeSafe manual!  After 20 plus hours of discussing Norovirus and Hepatitis A outbreaks,  bio-hazards, parasites, molds, and much, much more, all I have to say is WASH YOUR HANDS.  Cook things to the proper temperature and refrigerate after they have reached a temperature of 70 degrees within 2 hours.  :-] You should be good.  The biggest question is... how has my family not been hospitalized as a result of my cooking/cleaning?  
We took 2 tests today.  One was a HACCP - testing our ability to identify Critical Control Points and how to identify, monitor and record kitchen procedures.  Test #2 was the ServeSafe test which I must pass or sit through 20 more hours of training and take it again.  UGH.  Surely I passed ! Please God I passed!  I won't find out for 6 weeks.
I wish my brain wasn't fried and I had something pithy to say that would make you smile, but the brain has been challenged to a level it hasn't seen for 30 plus years.  The good news is now I am FREE from the classroom and Tuesday we enter the KITCHEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment