"Learn to cook--try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" — Julia Child

Friday, March 18, 2011

"Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more."

I have just been dealt a harsh blow... :-]  I did not even get the opportunity to audition and interview with my first choice for the pivotal externship.  Admittedly, it was a huge stretch.  I am not giving up... I have responded with as many positive comments and additional possibilities within their establishment and now I will wait to hear back, or after hearing back again,  will come up with yet another idea in order to tell them how much they need me in their kitchen.  This is exhausting! ;-]
Right now, I need to retreat and lick my wounds... I have never really thought of myself as dramatic, and truly I am saying all this with a certain amount of my tongue in my cheek.  I know important life events  are rarely funneled through one experience which seems crucial.  I will leave room for God to work.
No culinary info today (too busy feeling sorry for myself), except to say (I always have something to say),  I passed my baking final with an A.  Thanks be to God!  More later about that Char-LOTTE adventure and my friendly competition with one student.

No comments:

Post a Comment